Finding quality copywriters is no easy task. As with hiring any employee or contractor, be sure to get the facts first — from your prospective writer, as well as from the folks on your own end.
Consider these questions, and you’re sure to find a talented, hard-working and dependable writer with whom you can build a productive relationship.
- What exactly am I/are we looking for?
- What is our budget? Is it realistic in relation to our needs?
- How do we prefer to pay — by the hour, by the project, or on regular retainers?
- What payment schedule works best for us? For this writer?
- What kind of timelines and deadlines will we create for this writer? What is their turnaround time?
- Has this writer written in this medium? Has he or she covered our industry or client’s business before?
- Can this writer switch easily from web to print to video to audio to social media?
- How do we best communicate? How does this writer best communicate?
- Are in-person meetings a requirement or necessity?
- Does this writer have the bandwidth on his or her end for our workload?
- What does the writer’s price include? Revisions? Research? Social media interaction around the copy?
Interested in learning more about how the right words can make good things happen for your business or organization? Contact Allison for a no-obligation consultation and be sure to access your free copywriting e-series.