(Read Part 1 of this post here.)
When considering adding an e-zine or e-newsletter to your marketing mix, you’ll want to focus on some key benefits. It is so important to remember that with an enewsletter (or ezine — whichever name you prefer), you can:
- Give your customers useful news they can use on subjects they care about. The key to a successful newsletter is giving more than what is expected and doing so consistently and regularly.
- Inform your customers about the bigger picture. Explain what is going on in the industry. Remind them what matters most. Share tips in key areas that spotlight your expertise. Speak their language and remember their pressing issues, especially the ones that relate back to what you are offering.
- Allow them a “peek” into the behind-the-scenes workings of the business, maybe add some humor or personality and make them feel valued and valuable as subscribers to this e-newsletter.
- Highlight the benefits of your new products or services. A newsletter gives you more room to explain your new products or services. Don’t just tell your customer what’s new — show them how they can use the product and how it will help make their lives better. Your purpose is to solve their problems, and show them just how you intend to do this.
- Provide a glimpse into your personal workings, into what makes you you. Without going overboard, you can show who you are as a person, let your personality shine and be “real.” People are particularly intrigued when you can discuss something in your own life and then relate it back to the service, product or expertise you provide. No matter how big you are, we are all people.
So….e-zine or e-newsletter? Regardless of what name you give it, a consistently good and consistently sent e-newsletter can be a phenomenal communications, P.R. and sales tool.
Thinking about sending out a regular e-newsletter? Need a trusted partner to write it and manage your newsletter campaign? Contact me to schedule your free copywriting consultation.